Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

Hives + Bees (263)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Great Resource for Monitoring and Treating Varroa

https://honeybeehealthcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/HBHC-Guide_Varroa_Interactive_7thEdition_June2018.pdf

Started by Amy Owen

0 Apr 7, 2021

keep bees in S. Valley

Hello, I'm hoping someone is interested in keeping a hive or two on my 1 acre property in the south valley. It has lots of wild flowers, fr…

Started by mara elana

0 Mar 22, 2021

Looking for someone to have hives on my property

Hello! I have ~1 acre in the South Valley that I am preparing to farm primarily vegetables, and am wondering if someone would want to keep…

Started by Darah Gillum

0 Mar 15, 2021

The Evening Before Grandma Passed

I wrote this after losing my grandma.  I find solace in beekeeping and watching bees, possibly like some of you.  I hope all of you are doi…

Started by Amy Owen

5 Jan 18, 2021
Reply by Anita Amstutz

Possible small hive beetle

Greetings and happy New Year, While cleaning out a dead top bar hive, I found a number of the following dead beetles mixed in dead bees (sc…

Started by Kurt Ferreira

0 Jan 1, 2021

Varroa mite test results

I have one hive  and tested it using the alcohol wash method on 7-25-20 (3 mites/271 sample size) and again 8-16-20 (2 mites/357 sample siz…

Started by Cynthia reinhart

1 Sep 4, 2020
Reply by Randy S.

Synthetic Drawn Comb

Hello Fellow Beekeepers, Does anyone have experience with some of the drawn comb products out there.  There are two that I'm looking at and…

Started by Joe Slanga

1 Aug 27, 2020
Reply by Abq Beeks

Varroa Treatment

Good afternoon! I am researching how to deal with mites. I was wondering if there was a treatment that is more effective in NM and what adv…

Started by Ronald Quinata

0 Jul 17, 2020

Honey harvest.

I will help you with Langston frames being run through my extractor. Call for details small fee or can swap for honey. 505-228-7869 Mike 

Started by Mike Fickling

0 Jul 17, 2020

Hive Placement

A couple who live on a large property in the North Valley are interested in hosting hives. The beekeeper may not charge, serious inquiries…

Started by Claire

0 Apr 5, 2020

RSS

© 2022   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service