Albuquerque Beekeepers

Urban beekeeping in New Mexico's largest city.

How to Start Beekeeping in Albuquerque (27)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mentoring

Hello All, Thanks for adding me. For years I have wanted to keep bees. I am finally in a place I can devote the time and resources to this…

Started by Jeannie Pace

1 Apr 6, 2017
Reply by Carolyn Hammack

Any local ordinances concerning the keeping of bees?

My wife and I will be moving into our house in NE Heights full time from early next year. I'm keen to start keeping bees but I wondered if…

Started by Jim Morling

5 Dec 19, 2016
Reply by Joel Deluxe

Two Certified Beekeeping Students Looking for Mentors

Hello Beeks,  there are two first-year Certified Beekeeping students who are looking for someone to mentor them. They are both from out of…

Started by Carolyn Hammack

2 May 12, 2016
Reply by Carolyn Hammack

Should we encourage bee feeding by others?

I was curious what some of the beekeepers thought of this idea. Is it detrimental in some way? Is this something we should encourage others…

Started by Joel Deluxe

7 Feb 16, 2016
Reply by Christopher J Pease

The Best Bee Hive?

By far the most common question we hear is, "Which type of hive should I get?" This is a complex question that boils down to: what do you w…

Started by Randy S.

7 Sep 7, 2014
Reply by Rhett Renoud

Urban beekeeping in today's Journal

abqbeeks, the Certified Beekeeper program, and NewBeeRescue got some coverage in today's Journal... http://www.abqjournal.com/405342/news/t

Started by Carolyn Hammack

0 May 24, 2014

Who can i order from?

So, im just looking to start my first Hive. who can i order from that will delever to NM? if not who can i Express to? Is anyone going out…

Started by Alex Burch

2 Jan 29, 2014
Reply by Carl Smith

Honeybee handouts from Los Ranchos Lavender Fest

Matt Finkelstein organized a fantastic beekeeping booth at the Los Ranchos Lavender Festival this weekend. The volunteers, Phill Remick, To…

Started by Jessie Brown

1 Jul 14, 2013

Survey Results

Hi Beeks! Some of you were interested in viewing the survey results that I presented at the June Abq Beeks Meeting. Here is the link: Abq B…

Started by Jessie Brown

0 Jun 10, 2013

Wax Production - Repost from SDCBeekeepers Yahoo Group.

With permission from Heather Harrell, I re-post the following from the SDCBeekeepers Yahoo Group. wax production Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:08 …

Started by Randy S.

0 Apr 19, 2013

RSS

© 2022   Created by Abq Beeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service